Saturday, April 7, 2012

Patrick


Some people have emailed me and encouraging me about Patrick passing away and I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing...


When we found out Sunday morning  that Patrick had passed away I was REALY sad about it. We were in the village staying at our forever homes. But then we went to church immediately after getting the news and in church Emma gave me and David a letter saying, 

"To my true mummy and daddy, I love you so much, thank you for saving my life, thank you for loving me, you are my true parents. May God bless you, Emma" along with pictures of hearts saying Abby + David, and I love you Abby. He turned around and with his big brown eyes said, "I love you" It melted my heart and just encouraged me so much.

 I may not be able to rescue all of the children off of the streets, but God has given me quite a few. God entrusted me Emma when he was literally dying in my lap (we brought Emma off of the streets when he was literally about to die from phnemonia, the doctor said he would not have lasted much longer and we both knew it) and now the child is as healthy as a horse, getting so tall and has grown up so much in these last few years. Just last week we brought in Enoch, a good friend of Patricks who lived in the exact same area. 

I have a lot of peace. It's true that we didnt save Patricks life, God allowed him to pass away, but we still had fed him, clothed him, loved him, and shared the word of God to him. Thats why I have peace about it, it was sad, but it really hasnt gotten me down. God is good and having a sweet husband, loving kids, and playful dogs also helps! =-)

God is good, all the time and all the time, God is good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment